Myles Frost on stge as Michael Jackson in "MJ the Musical"
Department of Fine and Performing Arts
BSU Does Broadway
BSU Student Wins Broadway's Tony Award
After debuting as Michael Jackson in December 2021 at the Neil Simon Theater in MJ: The Musical, music technology major Myles Frost has won the Tony Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical. President Aminta Breaux and the entire BSU community congratulate Myles and join with him in celebration of this monumental accomplishment.
Meet Myles Frost
See What People Are Saying
WUSA9: Bowie State student moonwalks away with Tony Award for portrayal of Michael Jackson
Bowie State student awarded best lead actor in a musical for playing Michael Jackson, becoming the youngest solo winner in that category. MJ: The Musical represents the 22-year-old Frost’s Broadway debut.
- Good Morning America: Myles Frost dishes on his leading role in ‘MJ The Musical’
- Broadway Buzz: MJ Star Myles Frost Wins First Tony Award for Best Lead Actor in a Musical
- CBS Baltimore: Maryland Native & Bowie State's Own Myles Frost Wins Tony Award
- WJLA TV: Bowie State student Myles Frost wins Best Actor Tony Award for 'MJ The Musical'
- Washington Post: Myles Frost was born to play Michael Jackson. A Tony nod confirms it.
- New York Times: Dancing to ‘Billie Jean’ Led Him to ‘MJ.’ Now He’s a Tony Contender.
- NBC4 Washington: Local Performer Takes Broadway by Storm as Michael Jackson